Log Me In

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Log Me In

Postby macrae11 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:27 pm

I know there's a few people who work/record at home. I'm not really one of those people. But tonight, I'm sitting at home in my office, Melodyning some files on my G5 at work.

I'm doing this with a program that I discoverd yesterday called Log Me In
https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en

It's friggin awesome, I can control any computer that I've setup anywhere that's connected to the internet. The options are unlimited, and I can totally see this being the wave of the future. Central mainframes being manipulated by remote workstations. Now at this point with the free software I'm unable to hear playback, so I can only to editing chores, and backups and such, but still it's a great tool. And for troubleshooting things away from the office, or at another studio.

Now I'll probably end up working even more hours of the day! I guess there's a downside to everything.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Jef » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:20 pm

I discovered LogMeIn about a year ago or so. Been using it on a daily basis ever since.
When I'm at the office, I can access my home computer and vice-versa. The free version
has some limitations, but it's still a totally awesome VPN that really works.
If you buy the subscription version, it opens it up to a lot more options such as file swapping
& sharing and remote audio, etc. BTW, these options are included in the 30 day trial. If you
decide to just keep the free version, it then cuts back some of the options.
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:29 am

i just signed up for it... MacRae, you can now help me so much easier...lol
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to The Coffee Shop