Celemony Customer Support

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Celemony Customer Support

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:37 am

These days the term "Customer Support" doesn't mean much to anyone, especially me. I give everything about a week to get resolved if not more. Most companies just aren't that impressive when it comes to helping you deal with the issues you may be having with their product. If they ever even help you at all.

Enter Celemony, makers of Melodyne.

Last night I sent an email to Celemony (in Germany) around 10pm AST. I couldn't open my Melodyne because I had recently updated/upgraded my computer and something was changed enough to not allow the previous activation to work on the computer. Celemony only let's you install Melodyne on up to 2 computers, and the old computers were long gone without my having me deactivate Melodyne on them. I had already used up 2 out of 2 activations, so that essentially meant, that I was screwed, or had to buy myself an iLok, and transfer the license to that.

I received a reply at 5am, saying that the problem was resolved. :shock:

They removed my previous activations which now allows me to open my Melodyne without trouble.

The reason it caught me off guard is that the auto-reply at 10pm said this:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks for your e-mail. This is an automatic response to let you know that we have received your inquiry and will deal with it as soon as possible. Normally we reply to all mails within 72 hours — in most cases, far faster, even.
Our office hours are from Monday to Friday between 9am - 6pm CET; our company headquarter is based in Munich, Germany

I assumed a response around Tuesday (which would still have been great) because they were getting my email Saturday morning.

Anyhow, let me just say, I'm completely blown away! I thought I'd share my experience with you guys.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Alain Benoit » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:42 am

Neato Mosquito, that approaches the customer service that I get from Mercenary or from Josee at Solotech.

Email them a link to this thread to let them know that you are happy.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Re: Celemony Customer Support

Postby Jef » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:12 am

I deal with customer support on a daily basis, not just at my work but at home as well. Of all the companies I have to deal with, I could probably count on one hand the number of positive experiences I have had.
Usually it involves speaking directly with the supervisor of the supervisor of the first person I contact before I reach anyone with a clue about how to resolve a particular issue.
It's good to hear when a company hires support personnel who actually know their job and can help out the consumer, instead of telephone jockeys who do nothing but answer calls and read directly from a script (like a particular telephone/internet company that I won't mention).
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Postby oddioguy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:29 pm

I AM customer support!
(Shut up....I said STOP LAUGHING, bitch!!!!)
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Postby Jef » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:35 am

oddioguy wrote:I AM customer support!
(Shut up....I said STOP LAUGHING, bitch!!!!)

You are one of the exceptions that I can 'count on one hand'.
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Return to The Coffee Shop