State of the Art?

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

State of the Art?

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Mon May 12, 2008 10:31 pm

So I'm watching coverage of the Municipal Election on Rogers 10, and I love how they're using "Rogers HiSpeed" webcams at the various locations to broadcast on television, and hyping the "state of the art" technology. It's laughable how bad the quality is... and the sponsor of the broadcast is Rogers HiSpeed...! I love it.

I love how they're still trying to push this crap as broadcast quality, when in fact, it's a fraction of the quality that "traditional" TV has had for 40+ years.

Anyone else catch any of this?... It's hysterical. At one point they even dumped the "internet" audio from one feed and went to what sounded like a telephone line to be more intelligible.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue May 13, 2008 12:21 pm

I'm so sorry I missed this!

Wouldn't it have made more sense to just use regular cameras and not look like an ass though?
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue May 13, 2008 12:36 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:Wouldn't it have made more sense to just use regular cameras and not look like an ass though?
I know. That's what cracks me up about this stuff so much. I've been watching folks do stuff like this for years now, trying to be hip and hi-tech.... It's such a laugh.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue May 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Malcolm Boyce wrote:I've been watching folks do stuff like this for years now, trying to be hip and hi-tech.... It's such a laugh.

That's what happens when the people that make the decisions are not cool and not relavent, but then try very hard to be both... :roll:
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to The Coffee Shop