Power Outage?

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Power Outage?

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed May 14, 2008 7:09 pm

Yet again, I'm at home glad to have a UPS hooked up to our network gear. Does anyone know what the hell is going on? It's been 47 minutes. I'm on the west end of Union St. Anyone know what area is affected?

Second big one in a short period of time.... :evil:
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Wed May 14, 2008 10:34 pm

I never lost power here out east. I wonder what was going on.

Maybe the boys putting the pipeline in hit something... :lol:
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed May 14, 2008 11:41 pm

I heard a rumor that someone hit something on Bayside Dr. but that's not confirmed. All of uptown and a good chunk of east SJ was affected I believe.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby clinton » Thu May 15, 2008 10:04 am

"No Power, No Coffee" - Tim Horton's 05/14/08
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri May 16, 2008 10:17 am

As some of you may have noticed I was mostly absent from the forum yesterday. As most of you know I do most of my posting from work since we've been given internet access.

Due to the power outage of Wednesday night, one of our servers got fried pretty bad. Thus severely limiting our ability to communicate with the outside world. Emails to and from teh building could take as long as 2 hours, internet was effectively down.Our phone lines were also buggy, which in all makes it quite difficult to do my job.

If anyone was trying to call the CBSA toll free number yesterday, instead of a prompt they may have been immediately greeted with my voice mail, as while I was trying to help someone import a boat, 23 people would leave me a message...:shock:

Don't worry though we have it under control! Now, our lines and network is still pretty much fucked, but they have a part in Montreal that might help us. It should be here by this afternoon, and we might get some work done today.

At least our internet is a bit faster today. To give you an idea, the Middle Audio website yesterday took 4 minutes to load (if it didn't timeout) today it only takes 1 minute.

I should have brought my PSone back in today... I could sure go for some Final Fantasy Tactics right about now. I don't even know why I took it home, I have this cute little screen that goes with it. It was very cool, but it was better when I had my PS2 hooked up to my work computer monitor by way of KVM... The good ol' days. :roll:

Oh well, I have 4 seasons of Boston Legal on my laptop, I should be good for a while.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby roachie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:10 pm

Yeah... I remember that... crazy... so where is everybody?
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:43 pm

Hard to say... I'm at work, sleeping and playing a mini-putt video game. I'll post something new when I have something to say.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to The Coffee Shop