Sessions Cafe Proudly Presents....

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Sessions Cafe Proudly Presents....

Postby clinton » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:42 pm

Ian Foster is a musician and writer living in St. John’s, Newfoundland.

A finalist for the International Songwriting Competition and 4-time MusicNL Award nominee, Ian has toured throughout Canada on several occasions to support his first record (Ian Foster Band’s “Through the Wires”), and will be touring throughout 2008 in support of his newest album “Room in the City.” He has showcased at both the MusicNL and ECMA Awards, and has played festivals, concert halls, bars, pubs, and cafes at home and abroad since he began performing his own original music professionally in 2003. Since that time, he has been heavily involved in all aspects of the music business, sitting on music panels for MusicNL, the ECMAS, Factor, and The Rock Can Roll Festival in St. John’s.

Ian’s music has been played internationally on radio, in Canada and Europe. He is also a published writer, with short stories and prose published in various magazines and literary journals.

“Straightforward, pure, and deeply emotional without ever verging on sappiness…an amazing album.” –Karla Hayward, The Telegram

“Confidently crafted, romantic and reaching in its stories” –Stephanie Porter, The Independent

“Room In The City is an album that deserves to be heard and appreciated.” - Kevin Kelly, The Newfoundland Herald.

www.ianfoster.ca
www.myspace.com/ifbmusic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With earnest arrangements and thought provoking lyrics, Clinton Charlton is a songwriter in the classic sense of the word. As the former frontman for Saint John alt.country rockers, The Carousels, Charlton earned a reputation as a talented and varied writer and captivating performer.

2006 saw the release of Charlton's debut solo EP entitled "These Stars We See" which will be followed by his first full length, "Ghost Notes", this fall. Charlton has also recorded a six song EP with friend and collaborator Tracey Lavigne which will be released this August.

Clinton is a member of the Sandbar Music Group out of PEI.

"Clinton's songcraft is exceptional. And not just in a "pretty good for a Saint Johner" way, either. Songs like "Awful, Alone" are on par with, if not better than, songs I have heard by bands that receive international acclaim." - Jason Ogden (Hospital Grade)

www.clintoncharlton.com
www.sonicbids.com/clintoncharlton
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby clinton » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:58 pm

Friday, July 11th @ 8pm
$5.00 / All Ages
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Jef » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:56 pm

clinton wrote:Friday, July 11th @ 8pm
$5.00 / All Ages

...where is 'Sessions Cafe'?
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Postby clinton » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:00 am

it's in Quispamsis, in Sobeys Plaza
clinton
Gold Member

Return to The Coffee Shop