The future is friendly.

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

The future is friendly.

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:11 pm

...So is the present.

These days, I hate just about every company I have to do any sort of transactions with, whether it be Aliant (Now Bell...), Rogers (Don't even get me started....), it seems the bigger the company the less I want anything to do with them. I swear to God Almighty, I'd run down some of these call center jerks with my car. You know the ones I'm talking about, they don't give a shit about you, are likely not from this country and don't undetrstand english beyond their script. It's enough to make a man want to live off trhe land out in the fucking woods.

Enter Telus.

I've been a Telus subscriber for going on 6 years now. I've had 2 phones with them, and never had any major headaches. They were never able to get my VersaMail on my Palm Treo to work with my email client, but otherwise, nothing good or bad to say about them.

Yesterday I get to thinking, " I wonder if my contract is up? I want to be cool like Alain and get a BB Curve." So I decide to call the toll-free number. A) I fucking hate the new voice activated IVR systems. B) Once I got through the maze of "say [that] now" and got through to an agent after waiting all of 27 seconds, I prepared myself to have to fight my way through the representative on the other end as well, but I was blindsided.

The phone picks up and I hear "Hey, this is Jordan for Telus Mobility. How can I help ya?" I responded, " I'm Matt and I would like some help."

In the next 10 minutes. I went from happy to thrilled with the service I got. I started with a dinosaur of a phone with an antiquated plan that only allowed 4MB a month, otherwise I get charged $8/MB. To a brand new BB Curve, with unlimited data pkg, and all the rest (texting, caller ID and everything...fully loaded! They even doubled my daytime minutes!) For $3 a month less than I was paying for not even a third of the services. Plus they will deliver it to my door within 2-3 business days, and I can activate it in my living room, in my underwear (should I so choose).

So in 10 minutes, with no driving anywhere, I was able to make a deal that will save me money and make the quality of my life better.

Why aren't all companies this easy to get along with?

Anyone else have any good stories with any of the other two mobile giants?
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Alain Benoit » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:03 pm

Out of all the big service providers Telus is near the top I think for customer service.
And VERY competitive pricing.
My business cel phone bill had peaked at $1400 in the past with Aliant and now its fully unlimited everything within North America for $210 per month with Telus. Same usage.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Alain Benoit wrote:My business cel phone bill had peaked at $1400 in the past with Aliant

Holy Teledo........
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Alain Benoit » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:
Alain Benoit wrote:My business cel phone bill had peaked at $1400 in the past with Aliant

Holy Teledo........

Ya, good place to hang if you're into the scale and balance business.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Re: The future is friendly.

Postby Jef » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:13 am

Drumwaiter wrote:...So is the present.

These days, I hate just about every company I have to do any sort of transactions with, whether it be Aliant (Now Bell...), Rogers (Don't even get me started....), it seems the bigger the company the less I want anything to do with them. I swear to God Almighty, I'd run down some of these call center jerks with my car. You know the ones I'm talking about, they don't give a shit about you, are likely not from this country and don't undetrstand english beyond their script. It's enough to make a man want to live off trhe land out in the fucking woods.

Enter Telus.

I've been a Telus subscriber for going on 6 years now. I've had 2 phones with them, and never had any major headaches. They were never able to get my VersaMail on my Palm Treo to work with my email client, but otherwise, nothing good or bad to say about them.

Yesterday I get to thinking, " I wonder if my contract is up? I want to be cool like Alain and get a BB Curve." So I decide to call the toll-free number. A) I fucking hate the new voice activated IVR systems. B) Once I got through the maze of "say [that] now" and got through to an agent after waiting all of 27 seconds, I prepared myself to have to fight my way through the representative on the other end as well, but I was blindsided.

The phone picks up and I hear "Hey, this is Jordan for Telus Mobility. How can I help ya?" I responded, " I'm Matt and I would like some help."

In the next 10 minutes. I went from happy to thrilled with the service I got. I started with a dinosaur of a phone with an antiquated plan that only allowed 4MB a month, otherwise I get charged $8/MB. To a brand new BB Curve, with unlimited data pkg, and all the rest (texting, caller ID and everything...fully loaded! They even doubled my daytime minutes!) For $3 a month less than I was paying for not even a third of the services. Plus they will deliver it to my door within 2-3 business days, and I can activate it in my living room, in my underwear (should I so choose).

So in 10 minutes, with no driving anywhere, I was able to make a deal that will save me money and make the quality of my life better.

Why aren't all companies this easy to get along with?

Anyone else have any good stories with any of the other two mobile giants?

My eldest son has worked customer service & tech-support for Telus in Calgary for the past 8 years.
I think I'll send him your little testimonial.
:mrgreen:
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Re: The future is friendly.

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:03 am

Jef wrote:

My eldest son has worked customer service & tech-support for Telus in Calgary for the past 8 years.
I think I'll send him your little testimonial.
:mrgreen:

Please do, and have him send it to his boss. Jordan was in the Toronto office, and I spoke with a lady who's name I didn't quite catch in Vancouver and both times the service impressed the heck outta me. I'm sure Calgary is no different.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Alain Benoit wrote:My business cel phone bill had peaked at $1400 in the past with Aliant and now its fully unlimited everything within North America for $210 per month with Telus. Same usage.

How'd you manage to do that? Was that when you were in China?
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Alain Benoit » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:34 pm

No the Boilermaker one.
That was from calling all over the province without a comprehensive plan.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:45 am

For the record: So far I HATE my Blackberry... It's about to get thrown out the window.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Which one did you get? Why do you hate it. Curious because I'm debating between a BB and an iPhone when my contract runs out.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:44 pm

macrae11 wrote:Which one did you get? Why do you hate it. Curious because I'm debating between a BB and an iPhone when my contract runs out.

BB Curve 8330

Well.... first off. The transfer process is crashing my computer. What should be a really simply transfer of data from my old phone to my new phone is not working and killing Sub's desktop at the same time. Also the Blackberry software to do the transfer only exists on PC and not on Mac, so I could try the same process with my Mac to see if I get better results. I have about 300 contacts and 4 years worth of calendar info that I need to have transferred. If I have to do that manually I'll have to fucking break something.

Secondly, it's starting to make a bit more sense and I would no doubt hate the iPhone even more (rogers=death) but it's not as "intuitive" as people wanna make it seem. The Palm interface was wayyy easier to navigate and figure out. Give me about a week with it and I'll tell you how I like, it's unfair to judge it so quickly I suppose...

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:05 pm

OK... Now that I have transfered all the data from my old phone to my new phone and I've had some time to get used to a couple of things. I'm start to understand people's love of this creature. It's all business. Everything it does, once you get the way it does things, is geared to being efficient and practical. Also I prefer actual buttons and I don't care what anyone thinks, touch screen buttons are gay (and not in the cool homosexual way either...)

I wouldn't get an iPhone over this, unless I owned a Mac (even then...) When a friend of mine tried to show me his "stethoscope" app on his iPhone, that pretty much did it for me...

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Alain Benoit » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:06 pm

BB Curve 8330

iPhone is a neat toy.
BlackBerry is a machine.

If you dont buy a Curve I'll drive to Fredericton and kick your ass.

A.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:23 am

So, I've had well over a month to get used to it. I must say that I'm not sure how I ever used to get along with out it. The messaging aspect of it is what grabs me.

I have it setup so that all of my messages come through into one place. This includes Facebook messages, text messages, MSN messages, and emails (multiple accounts if I so chose.) So I'm always 100% connected to everything no matter where I am. I barely use my Gmail on firefox at all anymore, and I haven't actually used my laptop on weeks. Yet I'm more connected than I've ever been.

I picked up a 4GB micro SD card but I've yet to put anything on it. It was on sale for 19.99 so I couldn't say no.

Best part: I got my bill this month and it's less than I used to pay. Life is awesome, and the future is still friendly.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:35 pm

I can't live without it. I got my guitar player to get one last week, he can't live without it either.

It's like heroin.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to The Coffee Shop