Reply To This

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu May 21, 2009 10:49 am

I stand by what I implied. Besides, you only threw me for a loop the first night I met you, something about 16th note hi-hats... Wasn't your fault though, Steve had forgot to introduce you.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:32 pm

Yeah I vaguely remember something about that. People definitely stomach me better, when they've been prepped ahead of time! :twisted:
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 pm

macrae11 wrote:Yeah I vaguely remember something about that. People definitely stomach me better, when they've been prepped ahead of time! :twisted:

I believe my thoughts were " Who the fuck is this douchebag, and why is he shouting suggestions, that I have to waste my time disputing?"

It's funny how I went from that to: "I have a very important project and I need a co-producer, hope Andrew's not busy or I'm fucked." I'm glad we are at this point now though. You're like the brother I always wanted once I realized Alain was adopted... :lol:
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby clinton » Thu May 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Ummm....hi, I am sick. I have a cold. It sucks really. Well, not much else to report. See you tommorrow.
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu May 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Feel better soon... Stay away from whatever the hell kind of death that I had last week is all I gotta say.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:
macrae11 wrote:Yeah I vaguely remember something about that. People definitely stomach me better, when they've been prepped ahead of time! :twisted:

I believe my thoughts were " Who the fuck is this douchebag, and why is he shouting suggestions, that I have to waste my time disputing?"

So now I'm trying to remember, did we go with the 16th notes or not?
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu May 21, 2009 5:10 pm

macrae11 wrote:So now I'm trying to remember, did we go with the 16th notes or not?
Gawd... I hope not...
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu May 21, 2009 5:34 pm

No. It was a bad call then... and it still is now! :-P

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:43 pm

What does everyone have against 16th notes!?! I'm not saying it wasn't a bad call then, I have no recollection. But there are some great 16th note grooves. Did we at least give it a shot? I'll always admit an idea of mine sucks after I hear it if it really did suck, but I guarentee it sounded great in my head. Do you remember what tune it was or anything?
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby clinton » Thu May 21, 2009 9:57 pm

you guys are ruining the spirit of this thread ffs
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu May 21, 2009 10:00 pm

clinton wrote:you guys are ruining the spirit of this thread ffs
:lol:

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu May 21, 2009 11:38 pm

Alright, let's leave poor Clinton's thread alone... ;-)

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Fri May 22, 2009 12:11 am

Drumwaiter wrote:Alright, let's leave poor Clinton's thread alone... ;-)
But is that what he really wants us to do?

clinton wrote:Everyday....things are way too slow around here. So regardless of if you have something to say or not, just reply to this every single day. I expect Drumwaiter to be first.

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri May 22, 2009 12:17 am

Alright fuck it....

Andrew, I'm willing to bet it sounded like ass in your head too. :lol:

Then again, I say that but Malcolm would probably take your side on this. Sounds like something he would've liked. Then Alain would have come in with no suggestion and not said a word until after the idea hit the tape, then would have bitched about how he knows how it really should've went.

Wow this is fun... no wonder people like acting like asshats online.

Anyways, I'm done. I'll go back to being my usual easy-going self.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri May 22, 2009 12:37 am

macrae11 wrote: Do you remember what tune it was or anything?

I just remembered, it was "Who Is Writing The Future". I think it was during the chorus or something.

Anyways we're focusing on the wrong part of my statement...lol

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:43 am

Drumwaiter wrote:
macrae11 wrote: Do you remember what tune it was or anything?

I just remembered, it was "Who Is Writing The Future". I think it was during the chorus or something.

Anyways we're focusing on the wrong part of my statement...lol

Ah my memory is starting to come back now. Yes yes, I think I even remember the conversation. It was concerning the second chorus, and the solo, or maybe first and second chorus. Either way with this tune Steve was going for a throwback 80's feel. So perhaps in my head it didn't sound great, but I think I was trying to facilitate the vision of the artist. I'll have a listen to it sometime, and see if I still think it might work.

You have that album don't you Malcolm? Maybe if you get a spare minute throw it on and give us your unbiased opinion.

Viva la 16th notes!!
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri May 22, 2009 8:47 am

macrae11 wrote:Viva la 16th notes!!

I'll 16th note you.... :roll:

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby clinton » Fri May 22, 2009 11:53 am

so it's Friday. Not much doing today. I am working from home, sitting on the couch, wishing it were 4;30. The SJ Music Awards are tonight and I'm co-hosting with my Chuck Teed (and nominated for Best Male Artist as well I'll have you know). I have a cold which kinda dampers the spirit a bit but I'm still excited nonetheless. Didn't do much last night, did a radio spot for Parade with Serf City, that went well (Mark Leger is great). had some Pad Thai and played checkers with Riley Dexter (he's only five but a worthy opponent). When I got Coll and I watched The Office and then I surfed for a bit and fell asleep on the couch. So....not the most exciting life but I like it. I'll be back tommorrow to check in.

Did you guys solve your little debate yet? For the record, 16th notes are pretty cheese in most applications.
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri May 22, 2009 12:25 pm

clinton wrote:For the record, 16th notes are pretty cheese in most applications.

Yes!!!!! :lol:

I'll be going to the Awards tonight... albeit after midnight as I have a wedding to play. By the time I go to bed I'll have listened to Parade from front to back.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby clinton » Fri May 22, 2009 2:31 pm

Cool....I really hope you like it Matt. I know it won't be for everyone but I think it's honest and a real snapshot of where I am at this point in my life and I couldn't be prouder of it right now.

I look forward to your review!
clinton
Gold Member

Postby clinton » Fri May 22, 2009 2:32 pm

by the way, since it's been brought up, there are two songs from the record streaming on my myspace. A Bee In October and Angels Of Canterbury Street.

www.myspace.com/clintoncharlton
clinton
Gold Member

Postby macrae11 » Fri May 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:
clinton wrote:For the record, 16th notes are pretty cheese in most applications.

Yes!!!!! :lol:

Well I see I'm fighting an uphill battle here. I contend 16th notes have gotten a bad rap because of all the crappy music they've been forced to be put with. There are still some great 16th note grooves out there.

In this instance though, it was pure cheese, and that was the intended result, had it been allowed to be heard.

We're still waiting for Malcolm to come back over and referee this dispute.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby clinton » Fri May 22, 2009 4:30 pm

hahaha, I'm just being a jerk for the fun of it my friend...I got no beef with them.
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri May 22, 2009 4:46 pm

Haha... and I'm just trying to get you going Andrew. I really don't care. You could have had me playing a polka there for all it matters... :-P

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Fri May 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:Haha... and I'm just trying to get you going Andrew. I really don't care. You could have had me playing a polka there for all it matters... :-P

Now I could. At the time you didn't yet trust me(and not without reason), and wouldn't have done the headstands that I know you'd do now, to try to help me hear what's in my head.

As it is for every session that I ever produce with you from now on, I'll never allow you to play anything but 16th notes! Slow blues shuffle? 16th notes!! Bossa Nova at 160 BPM? 16th notes!!

:-P :-D :lol:

Ok I'm done now.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop