Reply To This

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Reply To This

Postby clinton » Wed May 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Everyday....things are way too slow around here. So regardless of if you have something to say or not, just reply to this every single day. I expect Drumwaiter to be first.
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed May 20, 2009 1:41 pm

I don't plan on disappointing you. I do plan however on hunting you down for CDs.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Nick H. » Wed May 20, 2009 1:45 pm

I have nothing to say at all, but I'm really bored in school so I'll reply. Only 24 days until I'm done forever!!
Nick H.
Bronze Member

Postby roachie » Wed May 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Yaaaaah. I got nothin'.
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Wed May 20, 2009 2:19 pm

I appreciate your blatant attempt at providing something of interest here....

I will, as well, be looking for a copy of your newly finished album, ASAP.

Perhaps I will have to start up a scandalous "revue" thread to start something entertaining for a while... ;-)
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Greg H. » Wed May 20, 2009 4:26 pm

My week:
Got sick
Played cougars sunday night (first time playing bass live)
Became the offfficcial bass player (ohhhh, ahhh) (*demotion*)
Got a sinus infection
Got yelled at by teachers for stupid things...
Probably going to get yelled at tonight :)

Yayyyyy!!! :-D
Make Awkward Sexual Advances, Not War.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Wed May 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Greg H.... What is that Sig. line of yours from? Yikes!

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Greg H. » Wed May 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Malcolm Boyce wrote:Greg H.... What is that Sig. line of yours from? Yikes!

Hahaha it was actually directed at Nick from our school's art/tech director. He wont let us play above 90 Db, and that was one of his reasons why
Make Awkward Sexual Advances, Not War.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed May 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Greg H. wrote:

Hahaha it was actually directed at Nick from our school's art/tech director. He wont let us play above 90 Db, and that was one of his reasons why

You guys should seriously post that fucking shit from your experience that night... I told Nick to post that shit.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed May 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Malcolm Boyce wrote:I appreciate your blatant attempt at providing something of interest here....

I will, as well, be looking for a copy of your newly finished album, ASAP.

Perhaps I will have to start up a scandalous "revue" thread to start something entertaining for a while... ;-)

You do Clinton's, I'll do Jessica's. See who gets catapulted across the bay of Fundy first. Fortunately I don't have many bad things to say about Good Things... ;-)

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Wed May 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:You do Clinton's, I'll do Jessica's. See who gets catapulted across the bay of Fundy first. Fortunately I don't have many bad things to say about Good Things... ;-)
I"m still disappointed that you didn't get involved in the kerfuffle about the compilation that I commented on... You and yur... "It doesn't have the track listing on my mp3 player... yadda yadda..."

(I'm laughing cause Firefox spell check recognized "kerfuffle"... :lol: )

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed May 20, 2009 5:21 pm

I just didn't think it was worth it, and I didn't think that I had the credibility to judge it on much of any merits at the time. If you feel credible enough to criticize everything then by all means. I'm still at the stage where I need criticizing myself.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Wed May 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:If you feel credible enough to criticize everything then by all means.
Definitely not. That's why I won't.

I did feel that I needed to express my opinion of what I was hearing on that particular disc.

I don't think anyone posting their opinion, unless it is an unnecessary "pile on", is out of the question.

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed May 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Malcolm Boyce wrote:I don't think anyone posting their opinion, unless it is an unnecessary "pile on", is out of the question.

Never said it was. I just don't feel I'm as qualified as you or other more experienced members to give a useful critique. At least I didn't back then anyways...
Last edited by Mathieu Benoit on Wed May 20, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Nick H. » Wed May 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:
Greg H. wrote:

You guys should seriously post that fucking shit from your experience that night... I told Nick to post that shit.

Yeah, well there's a whole new chapter you haven't heard yet that happened last night. In short, we were at 96 decibels and were told that we were harming everyone. When I politely pointed out that it would cause about 8 consecutive hours of that to harm anyone, I was simuntaneously yelled at by 3 seperate teachers for "talking back", and was told that I should be honoured to be allowed to play... And that's just the start of it...
Nick H.
Bronze Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed May 20, 2009 5:39 pm

Nick H. wrote:
Drumwaiter wrote:
Greg H. wrote:

Yeah, well there's a whole new chapter you haven't heard yet that happened last night. In short, we were at 96 decibels and were told that we were harming everyone. When I politely pointed out that it would cause about 8 consecutive hours of that to harm anyone, I was simuntaneously yelled at by 3 seperate teachers for "talking back", and was told that I should be honoured to be allowed to play... And that's just the start of it...

Fuck you guys both if you don't post a detailed account of this assclown.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Nick H. » Wed May 20, 2009 10:01 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:
Nick H. wrote:
Drumwaiter wrote:
Greg H. wrote:

Ok, me and Greg discussed it tonight, we'll have to collaborate and post a detailed account, because it's hilarious. It would be a loooooooong post though...
Nick H.
Bronze Member

Postby clinton » Wed May 20, 2009 10:40 pm

Drumwaiter wrote: I'm still at the stage where I need criticizing myself.

If there is one thing I admire, it's someone with tons of talent who is still humble. This post just made me an even bigger fan of yours. Good on ya!
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu May 21, 2009 12:42 am

Nick H. wrote:
Drumwaiter wrote:
Nick H. wrote:
Drumwaiter wrote:
Greg H. wrote:

Ok, me and Greg discussed it tonight, we'll have to collaborate and post a detailed account, because it's hilarious. It would be a loooooooong post though...

Right on... finally!

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu May 21, 2009 12:54 am

clinton wrote:If there is one thing I admire, it's someone with tons of talent who is still humble. This post just made me an even bigger fan of yours. Good on ya!

I just find it a more productive use of my time. It's purely a logical decision towards constant improvement. I don't really think in terms of talent though, it's a misconception. I wasn't naturally gifted, I just worked at it a lot. I appreciate the kind words though.

I just like doing my own thing when it comes to recording, and I've a lot to learn. Now when it comes to drumming I may more opinionated, but I've worked rather hard at the knowledge that I feel gives me that right, although I have piles of stuff to learn there too...

These days drumming and recording are taking a back seat to classical orchestration, I know absolutely less than nothing about that either, so again, no opinion. In the end I'm just happy to pursue whatever I want to do, and i don't care enough about what everyone else doing to waste my time.

I have my moments though, but it's usually when people do dumb things to piss me off. :evil: There are actually several engineers in this city who have done this and I'm not always civil with them.

Meh, we're all human...

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Thu May 21, 2009 1:38 am

Drumwaiter wrote:classical orchestration

I am intrigued.
Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu May 21, 2009 1:58 am

Scott DeVarenne wrote:
Drumwaiter wrote:classical orchestration

I am intrigued.

...and I'm in love with my new found direction. Eventually this summer I'm gonna start the long process of composing a full symphony. I just have a lot of learning to do before then.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Thu May 21, 2009 8:48 am

Drumwaiter wrote:I have my moments though, but it's usually when people do dumb things to piss me off. :evil: There are actually several engineers in this city who have done this and I'm not always civil with them.

Listen Matt, I already said I was sorry!
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu May 21, 2009 9:05 am

macrae11 wrote:
Drumwaiter wrote:I have my moments though, but it's usually when people do dumb things to piss me off. :evil: There are actually several engineers in this city who have done this and I'm not always civil with them.

Listen Matt, I already said I was sorry!

You live in Saint John?

...Thought so. :roll:

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Thu May 21, 2009 10:04 am

Drumwaiter wrote:

You lived in Saint John?

Yes

and besides, you just said they were in the city, not that they lived there. I'm in the city at least on a semi regular basis. :-P
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Next

Return to The Coffee Shop