Reply To This

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri May 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Yeah well now you have clout with me... Believe me it's well earned.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri May 22, 2009 5:23 pm

So moving on...

Today I have to take my kitties to the vet. So I picked up a cheap cat carrier to put them both in to take to the vet. I'm loading it into my girlfriend's minivan as she has graciously accepted to take them as I work today. I'm careful to carry the cage from the bottom as it's a cheap cage that probably isn't meant to hold two adult cats. I forgot to mention this to my girlfriend as I run back to work.

She gets to the vet and everything's fine... then she goes to take them home and the cage breaks apart and the cats (scared as fuck) try running off. The cats are collected and put in the van, while the vet tries to explain why I shouldn't have purchased a cheap carrier, and they should each have their own. Meh, whatever...

Then Boy apparently can't handle all this excitement (I think it's Boy anyways...) and decides it's in everyone's best interest to void his bowels and bladder simultaneously in the cage with Girl in it too... My girlfriend had to carry the cage from the bottom since it broke and take it all the way up to my top floor flat. That would put the smell of the cage right around face height.

I come home to a clean cage, clean and disease free cats, and butter chicken for supper. Surprisingly I still have a girlfriend. She is pretty much awesome, she might be the ONE. Although I really really feel bad that I asked if she could run a "simple" errand for me now... "Good thing those cats are cute.", she said.

PS- I love my cats.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby fish » Tue May 26, 2009 9:57 pm

I like sombreros!!!
fish
Bronze Member

Location: somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Postby Greg H. » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:40 am

I like the taste of sweat and ground beef in the mornings.
Thank you.
Make Awkward Sexual Advances, Not War.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Postby macrae11 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:46 am

macrae11 wrote:
Drumwaiter wrote:Haha... and I'm just trying to get you going Andrew. I really don't care. You could have had me playing a polka there for all it matters... :-P

Now I could. At the time you didn't yet trust me(and not without reason), and wouldn't have done the headstands that I know you'd do now, to try to help me hear what's in my head.

As it is for every session that I ever produce with you from now on, I'll never allow you to play anything but 16th notes! Slow blues shuffle? 16th notes!! Bossa Nova at 160 BPM? 16th notes!!

:-P :-D :lol:

Ok I'm done now.

I just thought I'd mention that I had Matt playing a great 16th note groove in the studio yesterday. I didn't even ask him to do it, he came up with it all by himself. I was just going to let it slide, until he came in after the track was down and brought it up. Just thought I'd share that with the class. :-D
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:49 am

It was right for the song, and I won't let our feud get in the way of doing what's right by the client.

But that's my 16th note quote for 2009... ;-)

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:23 pm

"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby macrae11 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Those look like ELAM 251's on the toms. Crazy!
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:29 pm

I can;t see youtube at work... stop teasing me. :-(

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:40 pm

macrae11 wrote:Those look like ELAM 251's on the toms. Crazy!
They are. Toms and OHs. That works out to what in today's prices $50K worth of tom and OH mics?

Bill Schnee recorded the audio for that video at his place. He's done some stellar albums over the years. I'm a fan.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop