Cable Clinic

---The Thom Chandler Memorial Forum
Archived for your use & enjoyment.

Postby Alain Benoit » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:34 pm

Jef wrote:I remember where I heard it now. It was way back in the early 80's and I was attending a seminar on sound engineering that was sponsored by Musicstop in Halifax. The guy hosting the seminar was Bruce Thompson who, at the time, was quite revered in the industry. It was during a discussion on balanced lines and common mode rejection that he mentioned it. I'm sure he said either Shure or AKG.

What is Bruce up to these days, location audio for the Food Network?
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby oddioguy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:49 pm

U1176 wrote:
Jef wrote:I remember where I heard it now. It was way back in the early 80's and I was attending a seminar on sound engineering that was sponsored by Musicstop in Halifax. The guy hosting the seminar was Bruce Thompson who, at the time, was quite revered in the industry. It was during a discussion on balanced lines and common mode rejection that he mentioned it. I'm sure he said either Shure or AKG.

Ouch.

:twisted:
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Postby Jef » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:54 pm

U1176 wrote:

...never to be heard from since. >>>
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Postby Alain Benoit » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:55 pm

Dont get me wrong man I have alot of respect for the dude, he was kinda like a mentor to me back when I started. I could always call him with a question. This was long before the days of interweb. He had great teaching skills as well. Last I heard he actually was doing location audio for a show on the food network.
He did a clinic in Saint John once, Darryl and JP from Fundy attented, they loved it.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Jef » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:08 pm

U1176 wrote:Dont get me wrong man I have alot of respect for the dude, he was kinda like a mentor to me back when I started. I could always call him with a question. This was long before the days of interweb. He had great teaching skills as well. Last I heard he actually was doing location audio for a show on the food network.
He did a clinic in Saint John once, Darryl and JP from Fundy attented, they loved it.

Yes, I too had a great deal of respect for the dude. There was no question that I could put to him that he didn't know the answer. I learned a lot from him. Have never heard of him since though.
Last edited by Jef on Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Postby oddioguy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:12 pm

U1176 wrote:Dont get me wrong man I have alot of respect for the dude, he was kinda like a mentor to me back when I started. I could always call him with a question. This was long before the days of interweb. He had great teaching skills as well. Last I heard he actually was doing location audio for a show on the food network.

Dude...you were serious! And I thought it was a burn. :oops:
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Previous

Return to The Original Gear: Maintenance, Repair and Modification