Fender power-telecaster deluxe

---The Thom Chandler Memorial Forum
Archived for your use & enjoyment.

Fender power-telecaster deluxe

Postby roachie » Thu May 31, 2007 9:48 pm

So I have this guitar, in love with it, however, it has an active pickup called a "powerbridge" that takes a 9-volt, and 3 regular passive pickups. Problem is, when the battery dies, the passive pickups don't work either. To me, uneducated and lazy, it seems that as soon as you plug into the input jack the battery turns on, the signal goes through the powerbridge, then into the passives, draining the battery regardless if I use the powerbridge or not. Boo.

My question is, would it be a simple process to install a switch that only uses the battery when I want to, and use the passive pickups without a battery (which I do 99% of the time). It does have a trs y-cable that sends a stereo output, so I can send 2 signals at a time, I just wish that if the battery dies, the passives still work...

Thanks for your consideration,
El' Roachiero Dupont III
"I can turn your Coleman cooler into a frog with the same name"
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby oddioguy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:53 am

You need to have a by-pass switch installed.
I took a look at the wiring diagram, and all signal is routed through the preamp. It should be possible to add a switch to by-pass the preamp (and perhaps act as a battery saver simultaneously) and feed the passives' signal directly to gthe output jack.
See Paul Stephen or U1176. They'll git 'er done.
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Return to The Original Gear: Maintenance, Repair and Modification