Hammond guitar amplifier replacement transformers!!!

---The Thom Chandler Memorial Forum
Archived for your use & enjoyment.

Hammond guitar amplifier replacement transformers!!!

Postby oddioguy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:48 am

Hammond has finally responded to the growing vintage tube amplifier market by issuing their own line of replacement power and output transformers, as well as a limited number of chokes.
According to Hammond, they plan on expanding this line in the near future.

"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
User avatar
Thom Chandler
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Under a black cloud

Postby jammy jamz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:57 pm

hi again. audioguy, im starting to think that i bought some tubes off you @ munroes.. small city :-D

surfing through all the old threads, (amazing the bits of info that can be had from reading stuff) .........

but i have a question, that i think directly relates to this thread.

i have a hammond m103....'61 i think.....and im wondering how hard it would be to get rid of the effin tone wheel(s), and instead put a female 1/4, so as i could use it as a guitar, or bass, or keyboard amp.

would this be possible, in the not so hard realm, or would i have to buy a wig, to pull out more hairzz?

please if anybody thinks that a hammond is a sacred machine that shouldnt be messed with, try moving one.......up stairs.....or anywheres for that matter.

i love it......but i am not going to marry it. too heavy.
jammy jamz
Bronze Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Return to The Original Gear: Maintenance, Repair and Modification

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest