Cry Baby with a broken Wahwah pedal

---The Thom Chandler Memorial Forum
Archived for your use & enjoyment.

Cry Baby with a broken Wahwah pedal

Postby roachie » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:18 pm

Yeah, I know that was clever.
My Wah pedal has a broken on/off switch. It is, I believe, a typical cry baby, so I bought a new switch for it, but after opening it up, I see the current switch has 3 leads on it, where my replacement has just 2. The dude at Munro's (not Tom) thought it might be a ground, but couldn't say for sure.
I'm stupid with electronics, so I guess my question is, will the new switch work, or am I doomed to never play 70's cop show themes again!!??
User avatar
roachie
Sean Roach
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:18 am

Re: Cry Baby with a broken Wahwah pedal

Postby oddioguy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:45 pm

roachie wrote:Yeah, I know that was clever.
My Wah pedal has a broken on/off switch. It is, I believe, a typical cry baby, so I bought a new switch for it, but after opening it up, I see the current switch has 3 leads on it, where my replacement has just 2. The dude at Munro's (not Tom) thought it might be a ground, but couldn't say for sure.
I'm stupid with electronics, so I guess my question is, will the new switch work, or am I doomed to never play 70's cop show themes again!!??

The original switch would have been a "single pole, double throw" configuration. Take the one that you bought back, and get the right one. They have DPDT stomp switches in stock that will work just fine, or have them order the correct one.
Rule #1 - Don't expect electronics advise from Munros on Saturdays!
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
User avatar
oddioguy
Thom Chandler
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Under a black cloud

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:57 pm

That's amazing.... How did you know he bought it on a Saturday? :-)
User avatar
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:07 am
Location: Saint John, NB

Postby oddioguy » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:28 pm

Malcolm Boyce wrote:That's amazing.... How did you know he bought it on a Saturday? :-)

Just call me Carnac....
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
User avatar
oddioguy
Thom Chandler
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Under a black cloud

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:59 pm

oddioguy wrote:
Malcolm Boyce wrote:That's amazing.... How did you know he bought it on a Saturday? :-)

Just call me Carnac....
Just call me glad you got rid of that Carlin gif... It was freaking me out.
User avatar
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:07 am
Location: Saint John, NB

Postby oddioguy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:53 am

Malcolm Boyce wrote:
oddioguy wrote:
Malcolm Boyce wrote:That's amazing.... How did you know he bought it on a Saturday? :-)

Just call me Carnac....
Just call me glad you got rid of that Carlin gif... It was freaking me out.

I'm sure something equally bizarre will replace it. :twisted:
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
User avatar
oddioguy
Thom Chandler
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Under a black cloud

Postby Alain Benoit » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:31 pm

I'll just call you Kreskin.

By the way Roach that's THOM to you!! ;-)

Hey Odd, ya kinda look alot like Kirk Hamlet in that avatar!!
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
User avatar
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:21 am
Location: Canada

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:31 pm

U1176 wrote:By the way Roach that's THOM to you!! ;-)
Hey, a lot of people probably don't know he's an "H"...
User avatar
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:07 am
Location: Saint John, NB

Postby oddioguy » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:05 am

U1176 wrote:I'll just call you Kreskin.

By the way Roach that's THOM to you!! ;-)

Hey Odd, ya kinda look alot like Kirk Hamlet in that avatar!!


Just dustin' off the old press packs from back in the day....
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
User avatar
oddioguy
Thom Chandler
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Under a black cloud

Postby roachie » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:07 am

***oddioguy endorsement***

I can now play the part of a 70's cop with full guitar pedal action. Works like a charm, thanks Thom. (he's an electro-fixer)
User avatar
roachie
Sean Roach
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:18 am

Postby oddioguy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:21 am

roachie wrote:***oddioguy endorsement***

I can now play the part of a 70's cop with full guitar pedal action. Works like a charm, thanks Thom. (he's an electro-fixer)

No problem....Now you can get the funk out.

\m/
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
User avatar
oddioguy
Thom Chandler
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Under a black cloud


Return to The Original Gear: Maintenance, Repair and Modification

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron