The "We need Thom back to active moderator duty"

---The Thom Chandler Memorial Forum
Archived for your use & enjoyment.

The "We need Thom back to active moderator duty"

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:50 pm

As some of you know, Thom C. was one of the first, and most active members of this site. It was without hesitation that I set him up as a moderator of his own spot here.

It has been some months since he has been active in the forums, and I thought as a "public display of affection" those of us who know Thom could encourage his return to "active duty" around here.

I especially miss his humour, and most of all, his extensive knowledge of gear that's near and dear to our hearts. The thread Chris started about his weird tube is a good example of why we need Thom back as our local word on such obscure things.

Thom... Once again... Hope all is well, and you can find the time and will to participate in our little waste of bandwidth here.

You need to live up to your occupation in your profile:

"I am THE electronics parts guy. PERIOD!!"

Anyone else care to chime in?
Last edited by Malcolm Boyce on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:12 pm

Oh God yes! I respect his right spend his time as he sees fit, but I really miss him on here. I still see him every once in a while when I buy stuff from him at Munro's, but it's just not the same.

Also (not as pressing but...) where the hell is Alain? I know, he's my brother and I should know these things, but honestly we don't discuss forum stuff outside of the forum.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:43 pm

I think we all need to get jobs like Matt, where we can dick off all day at work and just surf the interweb. :-D Well some days my life is like that. I totally get not having the time to be super active, but I wish Thom could just chime in now and again, just we know that everything is right with the world.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:48 pm

macrae11 wrote:I think we all need to get jobs like Matt, where we can dick off all day at work and just surf the interweb.

Clearly.

Unfortunately, I know how demanding Thom's job is. For him it's not so easy.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Jef » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:04 pm

If I may speak on Thom's behalf,
He had been extremely active on many web forums... so much so that it was interfering with other obligations. Apparently, he decided to give it all up (maybe temporarily or possibly long term) and get his life back in order (understandably).
He can still be reached at work and he is still a wealth of knowledge and information, but I doubt we will see him back on this forum any time soon.
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Same answer I got from him 3 months ago.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Jef wrote:If I may speak on Thom's behalf,
He had been extremely active on many web forums... so much so that it was interfering with other obligations. Apparently, he decided to give it all up (maybe temporarily or possibly long term) and get his life back in order (understandably).
He can still be reached at work and he is still a wealth of knowledge and information, but I doubt we will see him back on this forum any time soon.
Thanks Jef.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Return to The Original Gear: Maintenance, Repair and Modification