iPad as mixer - DAWs?

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

iPad as mixer - DAWs?

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:01 pm

Greetings! My home computer crapped out on me first thing Monday morning, so I've upgraded to a new computer with Windows 8, and find myself in need of a new DAW (I'm not even going to try using my ancient version of Cubase with it).

I just wanted to know if anyone has heard of any DAWs I should check out that have good integration with an iPad...I'm thinking in terms of working on mixes, how it would be quite useful to tweak panning, volume and eq from the touchscreen of the iPad while my PC handles the heavy work.

Anything you can tell me would be more than I know now, so, thanks in advance!
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Re: iPad as mixer - DAWs?

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:03 pm

My research turned up a $50 app that's free to try, called V-Control Pro (http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/08/i ... n-desktop/)

"V-Control Pro includes control skins for Audition, Cubase, Digital Performer, Final Cut Pro 7, Live, Logic Pro, MIO Console, Pro Tools, Media Composer, Reaper, Reason, Studio One, SONAR, Tracktion and a generic Mackie Control skin."

I decided to go with Reaper just for the economic benefits, and I'll see how integrating the iPad works as I'm learning my way through.
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby macrae11 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:11 pm

V-Control is the only app I know of that provides decent control regardless of what DAW/platform you're running. I didn't mention it because it used to be much more expensive. I might need to buy an iPad now.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:12 pm

V-Control worked very well with Pro Tools.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to Sounds Good...