Looking for mix notes

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

Looking for mix notes

Postby dylanger » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:10 am

Hello old friends!

I logged on here a few weeks ago to see if anyone has been posting and I see it’s been quiet. It’s been a while since I dabbled in recording but I finally decided to get a little more serious with it and fill a bit of a need in the music scene out here in the Wild West. I’ve been really lucky in the last 4ish years and I’ve got to record in some insane rooms with a few producers/engineers that have worked with some really big artists. I’ve learned so much as an artist working in these studios but it always really excited me to learn more about pro audio and recording.

This is my first real stab at recording and mixing a project that I didn’t play on. I was able to just wear the producer hat and I had a blast. They have a couple more songs that we’re still working on but here is the first tune. I’m using an Apollo 8 and the stock 610B unison plugin that comes with the Apollo purchase. I rented a warm audio WA47 which I used on vocals, an ART AR5 and Rode M5 on the guitars. Let me know what y’all think!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/spz347wnjc6lp ... 3.wav?dl=0
dylanger
Silver Member

Return to Sounds Good...