'Tis I, the Energy WatchDog....

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

'Tis I, the Energy WatchDog....

Postby oddioguy » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:36 am

What a waste, especially in these times of "energy awareness"....

I walked down to Tim Hortons this a.m. to get Mrs. Oddioguy a cup of coffee, and in the parking lot is that Paramedic Jeep, you know the one with "Supervisor" on the side.....with the motor running!
So I'm thinking "Oh, they just ran inside for a "cup'a" and are coming right back out.

WRONG.

There's two of 'em sitting inside, enjoying the morning coffee break.

It's not like it was 30 degrees out and they needed the A/C running (still a damn poor reason...). It was 16 degrees, just nice and comfortable. Just left it idling there for convenience, I suppose.

Can you guess which Crown Corporation is about to receive an irate e-mail?

Fuck that pisses me off.
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Postby Daniel Druff » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:41 pm

I've seen the same thing. Dispicable, to say the least.

I've also seen a City truck sitting idling while they planted flowers one day on King St. Brutal.

It's not their dime, I guess. Well, not directly, but they are paying for this with their taxes as well. You'd think they could figure something like that out for themselves. It's not like someone who becomes a paramedic is completely stupid. It takes a person with some brains to become one, so it makes it even more baffling that they would do something so blatingly idiotic.

(post number 1, under my belt.......yeehaw)
Daniel Druff

Postby oddioguy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:27 pm

Welcome DD. (You're buying the next round, right? :mrgreen: )

With all levels of govenment telling us to tighten our belts, and there's no $$ for this or that, and that they are being carefull with our money, I feel it really calls for complaints to be filed and noise to be made about it. Attention needs to be drawn to all waste...especially something as easily preventable as these incidents.
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Postby Daniel Druff » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:27 pm

Yup, next round on me.

And I agree 100% with your assessment. Just a waste of money, and a waste of our clean air. Damn dirty pollution.....
Daniel Druff

Return to The Coffee Shop